I thought that going shopping on a snow day was serious a really good decision because people would be too lazy or scared to go out, and thus the stores would be empty.... LITTLE DID I KNOW!!! The stores were packed with shoppers! I found this really funny because work and school was canceled today since it might be dangerous to travel... but nothing stopped people from shopping!! This is why I LOVE NYC!
So, me and my sister decided to go to Union Square to do our shopping. I don't really go to Union Square, so I was a bit unfamiliar with what stores they might have in that area.. but my sis always goes there, and she told me that I wouldn't be disappointed. Honestly, I think I fell in love all over again. Union Square has EVERYTHING!!! There's a Zara, H&M, Aldo, Free People, Arden B, Bebe, Filene's Basement, DSW, and of course a super huge Forever 21!!!
First, we went to The Container Store to get lipstick holders. This was my first time at The Container Store, so I didn't know what to expect. But from what I experienced today, I have concluded that this store is for people with major OCD (Obsessive–compulsive disorder)... and i LOVE IT!!! I am kinda a neat freak.. actually, I'm a super neat freak!! I love to have a section for everything.. so being in this store was heaven! Although we just went there for the lipstick holders, I already started to make a list in my head of other things I'd like to buy to organize my make up and jewelry.
Our next stop was Aldo. I had ordered a ring but for some reason it didn't get processed properly, so it didn't get shipped to my house and I had to pick it up from the store. After I picked up the ring I saw the cutest military boots... I'm really mad at my sister because she told me not to buy these super cute military boots from F21 a couple of months ago and now I cant find them any where! What makes me even angrier is that the boots from F21 were only 30 bucks!!! UGHHHH!! Whatever, I guess I'll just be spending a little more money and getting them from Aldo's.. Hey, at least these will be real leather.
We went into Zara for a little bit, but we didn't buy anything. The store was filled with really cute things, but I just wanted to get out of there and get FOOD!!! LOL.. After lunch we headed over to Forever 21... and I think I fell in love again!!! The F21 in Union Square is humongous and actually organized! I usually hate shopping in store for F21 because everything is all over the place, but this F21 was perfect! I was actually able to find things!!! I'm so happy that I found this silk romper that got sold out online. I also bought this cute cream crochet top and a nice summer hat. I think I spent 2 hours in the store!!!
After our F21 adventure we headed over to Filene's Basement. We were so tired, so we didn't really shop. I just ended up cheating on my diet with some dark chocolate godiva truffles =)
What I learned from today's adventure: Nothing can stop New Yorkers!



That is such a gorgeous view!!! I've always wanted to own a condo or live in an apartment in one of the tall buildings to see the view of Boston, MA =] (probably will never happen). NYC is def. pretty =] I've never really been there as in shopping, staying over night, and etc.... just drove by or been to the airport in NY. haha.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, thanks for following sweetie! I'll be doing the same. Such a lovely blog =]