Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Twilight Mania!

Ok, so this madness for Twilight needs to STOP! lol, and yes, I’m saying this as a fan.

I understand that popular television shows and movies sometimes come out with dolls that resemble the characters from the show. That’s tolerable. But “Twilight” makeup!!!

According to Grazia Daily, DuWop cosmetics is launching its own “Twilight” line, and the first item to come out of the lab is a limited-edition preview of Lip Venom V, the “Twilight” version of its popular lip-plumping gloss.

Here is what the “Lip Venom V” claims to do:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Be transformed. Let the alchemy transcend.

This special limited edition Lip Venom is a sneak preview of our highly anticipated Twilight Venom, debuting this Fall. Lip Venom V is not your typical DuWop venom. Instead of a gloss, Lip Venom V is a shimmering crimson lip stain suspended in a venom-laced liquid lip conditioner with a super potent bite (watch out!), and contains argan, avocado, olive oils and vitamin E.

This product should be shaken before use to represent the blending of the human and vampire worlds and applied repeatedly until lips are plumped, revitalized and the desired intensity of color has been reached.

Only a limited number of Lip Venom V have been produced. Vampires may live forever, but this offer won't. Due to limited quantity and exclusivity of this offer, limit 2 per customer.

Enter your special code at checkout to receive the Us Weekly exclusive discount. If you had previously pre-ordered Lip Venom V, your entire order will ship July 8, 2009.

Offer applies to one order per customer per household. Quantities limited. This one-time special offer ends July 31, 2009 at midnight (EST) or while supplies last.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I can’t believe this product is “one order per customer per household”… WHO WANTS THIS!?! Well, except for all the preteens… who wants a “shimmering crimson lip stain suspended in a venom-laced liquid lip conditioner with a super potent bite”? To top it off, this thing costs $16! I’d rather spend that money on MAC! What’s next, “Twilight” foundation… “for that special illuminating, leathery, and pale vampire look”.. lol, no thanks!

Here is a picture of the Edward and Bella Barbie Collector Dolls


I thought that this was funny:

But I could buy in to the Edward/Bella Barbies if only Mattel would add a few essential accessories:

1. Detachable fangs — Because, hello, Edward is a vampire. Sure, we like him best in his sweet, piano-playing moments, but sometimes the dazzling vamp needs to bear his bite to protect what’s his.

2. Edward Cullen Dream House — The Cullen’s palatial glass-plated mansion would make a much cooler dollhouse than the one my mom made for me out of an old refrigerator box (sorry, mom).

3. The Volvo — Forget Barbie’s pink Corvette. Whizzing 100 mph down the highway in a souped up foreign car is our idea of a bloody good time.

4. Mountain lion — Edward needs blood to eat, natch, and something to occupy him at night besides watching Bella sleep.

5. Baseball outfit — We love a man in uniform, no matter what decade it’s from.

I liked the books, but I was disappointed by the movie. I really hope that they do a much better job with the "New Moon".

No comments:

Post a Comment