... waiting on line to get their Jimmy Choo's from H&M!!!
So as you all should know, yesterday was the release of the Jimmy Choo for H&M collection. The night before I looked up the items from the collection just so I would already know what I would buy because the H&M site kept on saying that they are expecting a large crowd. And the site also mentioned that only a limited amount of stores would be selling the collection… only four stores in California, one in Illinois, and five from NYC!! So I went to bed expecting to get one pair of flats and one pair of pumps. I wanted to wake up at 6AM and get there by 7AM, but I woke up late, and I wasn’t really in much of a hurry because it was raining REALLY hard, so I didn’t think there would be much of a crowd.
As I walked peacefully down Lexington Ave to the H&M, this is what I saw...

THE LINE WAS LITERALLY WRAPPED AROUND THE BLOCK AND AROUND THE CORNER!!!! As you can see, I was panicking, that's why I only have this ONE, FUZZY picture of the line!! Soo many people were there in their rain boots and umbrellas, and it was only 8:45AM!! THE STORE WAS SUPPOSED TO OPEN AT 10AM!!!
Unfortunately, I wasn't one of the first 160 people on the line, so I didn't receive a wristband that allowed me to view the shoes and accessories at a specific time. So I had to wait until 12:15PM!
They actually let all the customers in the store at 9:30AM, and as all of us girls started running into the store all we saw was crazed women grabbing all the Jimmy Choo clothes off the racks. They weren't even check for sizes, they were just grabbing anything they could get their hands on!!
I wasn't really interested in the clothing, so I went straight upstairs to the shoe area. When I got there, I saw that a section of the store was gated and inside the gated area were all the shoes. The whole area was filled with security guards and frantic women! Here's a picture of the gated area:

This was while the H&M workers were fixing up the area. So this is how we were allowed to gain access to the gated area. They gave out specific colored wristbands, and when they called the color of your band, only 20 people would be allowed into the gated area and would have only 10 minutes to look, try on and select the items you wanted to purchase!! ONLY TEN MINUTES!!! We all waited on line for HOURS just to get TEN MINUTES to pick our shoes!!!!
So when these women were able to go into the gated area, all you saw was chaos!!! And while the other women were waiting for their chance to enter the gated area, their hearts were probably breaking everything they saw another woman picking up the box of shoes she wanted to buy!! Here are some pictures of the crazed Jimmy Choo lovers grabbing their good:


The people who didn't have the wristbands (like ME) had to form another line. Going to these shopping events makes you see the ugliness in lots of people. There were people paying strangers who had wristbands to get them shoes, there was so many people cutting the line, there were people grabbing clothes from other people while they weren't looking, one lady was even caught stealing a pair of shoes!!! There were girlfriends who had their boyfriends wait on line early in the morning shouting orders to their man about which items to get, and of course these men were every confused and were shouting back at their girlfriends. As sad as it was, it was pretty entertaining and funny to watch for the people who were waiting on the non-wristband line! And as we were all waiting and watching, we probably all learned one lesson: DON'T MESS WITH WOMEN WHEN THERE'S A SALE!!
While we were waiting to get into the gated area, we were looking around the store and realized that there was also a men's collection for Jimmy Choo.. and guess what, there was absolutely no crowd there at all!!! Unlike the women's collection, the men's shoe's were laid out openly for all to touch, see, and buy freely! Here's a picture from the men's shoe section:


And to give everyone a chance to get their hands on something from the Jimmy Choo collection, they had a rule that only allowed a person to buy only ONE of a very item, so you weren't able to get doubles or get the same thing in two sizes. Although they had this rule, us anxious women who were waiting on the non-wristband line were panicking because we were afraid that we wouldn't be able to get our size in the shoes that we wanted.
I was finally able to get into the gated area around 1:30PM!!! I completely forgot the list that I made the night before and just threw my purse in a corner and started to grab anything that was a size 6. I went to quickly try on a pair of flats, and realized that the shoes ran big, so I had to go back and get everything in a size 5!!!! I managed to get two flats and two pumps in my size, and I grabbed a necklace and a clutch as my ten minutes were running out.
Since I didn't try everything on and I knew that I didn't want to buy some of the shoes, I sat in this area outside of the gated place which was near the registers and I started to try on what I picked. I immediately fell in love with BOTH of the flats! I wasn't really feeling the pumps that I got and saw online the night before, so I asked a guy who was helping the girls in the gated area restock to get me a different shoe. Although he wasn't supposed to be helping me since my time in the gated area was up, he went to the back and got me a pair of the shoes that I wanted!!! I also ended up switching the other pumps I got for the other color with the help of my restocking H&M worker friends! While I was trying on the shoes in my little corner, the other girls who were waiting no line to get into the gated area were complimenting the shoes and were encouraging me to buy them. After I was done selecting which shoes I should buy and which to leave, I started to check the accessories I picked out. While I was looking at the necklace, the girl at the register asked e if I was also going to buy the bracelet... I didn't find the bracelet, so she gave me one that she had behind the register from a customer who didn't buy it. A H&M worker from the gated area saw me checking out the bracelet and she asked me where I found it because they were all supposed to be sold out... so I had the last bracelet!!
I knew that this shopping even was a once in a life time thing.. I won't ever find Jimmy Choo at these prices and I absolutely loved the styles of all the items, so I ended up buying everything I grabbed! I bought 2 pairs of flats, 2 pairs of shoes, 1 clutch, 1 necklace, and 1 bracelet! Here's some pictures of what I bought:














I know that I wasn't supposed to spend so much.... but let's just think of this as a birthday present for me, from me!!!!


I love the zebra print heels!!! You got alot of great stuff hun! I love your blog by the way. Follow my new blog at www.missp-princess-life.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteGirl that is ONE BEAUTIFUL necklace!!! dammnnn, I'm jealous!! haha!
ReplyDeletebollywoodwonder9.blogspot.com