
Designers ranging from Richard Nicoll to the team at Topshop, from Australian Josh Goot to the Brooklyn based Vena Cava girls, haven’t just ignored shoulder pads, they’ve actually cut out the shoulders of their tops and dresses. Julien Macdonald placed extra larges slits at the shoulders of his slashed dress and Osman Yousefzada cut the shoulders out of a handful of looks in his all-white collection.
Will it knock its opposite off the runways? ... I absolutely LOVE Balmain, and it's always fun to try new things... so I guess I would say that I don't really want these different trends to compete against each other! I love them both!
I was going to buy a web exclusive dress from Bebe, but it was completely sold out in about a day! But I'm glad that I wasn't able to get it because I found a cheaper version of the dress at Arden B. The Open Shoulder Sweater Dress at Bebe was $89, and the Cable Knit Cold Shoulder Sweater Tunic from Arden B is only $28 on sale! Plus I used the promo code: FREE09, and got free shipping! OOOOOHHH YEA!!!
Here is the dress from Bebe:
Here is the dress from Arden B:
They both look pretty much the same, except for the puff sleeve detail on the dress from Bebe. I'm super happy with my purchase! AND now I have something to wear on my birthday! Yay me!


No comments:
Post a Comment