Today he told me that he wanted to come see me. I was jumping with joy because I started to think that our relationship was safe. In view of the fact that we have been on a break since last month, I decided to picture today’s date as our “first date”. He called me later around 4 and told me that he’s on the highway... I ran into my room and tried to look like a decent human being. I straightened my hair, did my makeup nicely, put on my contacts, and I wore my cute Report booties because guys find heals to be sexy… and I wanted to do everything I could to make myself look perfect for him. I could feel my adrenaline level peak when he called around 4:50 to tell me to come out. I some how composed myself and walked out the house nonchalantly to his car.
I saw him smiling at me while I was walking to his car, so I took this as a positive sign. When I got in I expected him to maybe give me a kiss on the cheek or a peak on the lips, but he just asked where we could go to eat. I was a little too nervous to eat, so I told him that I wasn’t hungry. So, while he was eating I was doing most of the talking. He seemed a little quiet and reserved, but maybe he was also nervous about seeing me after a whole month. Afterwards, we made a pointless trip to the pharmacy to get granola bars. To me this just seemed liked an attempt to spend more time with me because he couldn’t think of anything else to do. When we got back to the car I asked him if he would want to go to the park and hang out in the car… to me this felt like a good moment to spend some time together alone.
When we got to the park, he pushed his seat back to get comfortable and looked at me. I wanted to get him relaxed and calm, so I took his hand and started kissing his fingertips. If this was a scene from a movie or a romantic novel, you would probably assumed that we started making out in the back seat… but NO… unfortunately for me, he just said “Don’t start something that your not going to finish”. I knew that this was just a stab towards that fact that I wouldn’t have sex with him as long as we were on a break, but I just ignored his rude comment and kept on trying to relax him. After ten minutes of nothing he says that he wants to go home because he’s afraid that he won’t find a parking spot for the car. He wanted to leave me for a parking spot! I was so upset, but at the same time I didn’t want to argue with him… I just didn’t say a word the whole ride home. He gave me a stupid lousy hug and I was home by 6…basically, he only spent one hour with me. So as you can see, my date was a great success…..NOT!
Aside from the fact that he didn’t say that he loved me or that he missed me, he didn’t give me a kiss! A kiss means a lot. It is the action that marks the beginning of a romantic relationship. A kiss can say hello, goodbye, give comfort, or just be romantic. A kiss is what seals the vows exchanged on a wedding day. Kissing conveys trust between two people. In other words, kissing is ALWAYS appropriate with that special person in your life. Coming from a woman’s perspective, kissing is essential to feel connected to our mate. When we first started dating, he couldn’t get enough of me. On our first date we spent most of the time tongue wrestling with each other. And now look…
I understand that we have been together for more than 4 years and kissing all the time eventually wears off in a relationship, but doesn’t he see that it is still a way to provide reassurance that he still wants to be with me? Kissing allows him to reassure my importance in his life without having to express it with words. Of course, words are important too, but kissing is a great way to start.
To me, kissing is very healthy for a relationship. A long and meaningful kiss from him would make me feel as if I mean the world to him. It is a time when I have his full focus and attention in a sweet and romantic way. I hate how he just uses kissing to initiate the beginning of getting intimate. Sometimes I just wish that he would just only kiss me just for the sake of kissing, and not for just trying to have sex with me. One of the reasons why he was so drawn to me in the beginning of our relationship was because we used to have these intense make out sessions. Making out is like hunting for treasure... the kissing part is like the quest for the goods, and the prize is the cookie. Just kissing and not having sex causes a different type of arousal in both partners, and he will keep on trying to please you just so he could get the special reward. I also think that it's very important for the relationship because it keeps the flame bright for the bond between you and your special partner in life. Honestly if you think about it, when you stop having these intense make out sessions with your boyfriend, that's when all the arguing and the "I wish you still did that.." starts.
So my advice to all men is: DON'T STOP MAKING OUT WITH YOUR GIRLFRIEND!
Even though our relationship status is a bit confusing now, I still think that he truly loves me but he just doesn’t know how to show it. If he just tried to kiss me our whole date would have taken a positive turn. He really shouldn’t have underestimated the importance of kissing.


No comments:
Post a Comment