I can't believe that my last post was from November... and that wasn't even a real post!
Ok, so let me tell you guys why I have been MIA.
So, last year was my last semester as an undergrad and smart me decided to save all of the juicy med school stuff for the end. In other words, I was going to graduate without taking my MCAT, without any letters of recommendation, and no shadowing experience.... I was basically screwed! So I decided to get my act together and focus primarily on my education.
My main scene for last summer.....

Ohhh how I hated last summer... not because of the weather or personal problems... I hated last summer because I was stuck either at home or at a library reading, reading, and READING! I didn't get to wear any of the pretty clothes I bought for the summer, nor did I get to do any fun activities (sad face)
Yup, last summer looked sooo fun... I look overwhelmed with excitement...

My worries weren't over by the end of summer. I also didn't get to do anything during Autumn.... I didn't even get to go to central park and look at the pretty fall foliage!! I had to somehow scramble up a personal statement, finish my application, get my letters of recommendation, and shadow a doctor. PRE-MED STUDENTS, DON'T EVER SAVE THESE THINGS FOR THE LAST MINUTE!!!
I didn't even get to celebrate my birthday properly... I remember working on my personal statement.... going through my closet to find anything to wear... going to dinner.. and then coming back home to work on my applications..... so, yea.... life basically sucked!
Quick pic of me, my birthday flan, and some Lanvin!!!

By the end of November I was done with my application process. About a week after handing in my apps I get an email saying that I had an interview. I was sooo ecstatic but at the same time stressed because now I had to prepare for this! Not only did I have to practice interviewing, I had to also get a nicely tailored suit... which is extremely hard if you're skinny and 5'2"! PETITE GIRLS SHOULD GO TO ANN TAYLOR!!! OMG THE BEST! not only did they have a nice selection, students get 20% off!
Trying on the suit I ended up buying.. as you can see I definitely had to get it tailored for my little midget butt... Yes, I am tippy-toeing..

My power suit!

YUP I'M TINY!!

Super long pants!

I'm a super skinny bitch! And thank god for that student discount!! lol

My interview went really good. Although I had a hard interviewer (which I found out afterward), I felt really optimistic about everything. But when I went to my boyfriend's house after the interview, due to the paranoid drama queen that I am, I started crying because I started to doubt my chances... looking back at it now makes me laugh, but back then these things were really stressing me out.. especially because my boyfriend had already received his letter of acceptance which just added more pressure for me to want to get accepted.
So a couple of days after my interview I got a call saying that I got in.... I can honestly say that I felt a huge load just magically lifting off of my shoulders. All of my hard work had finally paid off! Me and Jeremy were going to be class mates for another 4 years!
But our celebrations didn't last long since school literally started 2 weeks later because we got into the January program of my school. In those 2 weeks a lot happened... I had to go through the whole applying for a loan process for the first time in my life, I decided to stop working, and I got my own car!!!
Here's my baby....

Her name is "slow motion".. lol

I spent Christmas with Jeremy's family for the first time. *smiley face*
Here's me, Jeremy, and BUTTERS!

Me and Jeremy also continued our 2nd year New Years sleepover tradition. I love having these "couple traditions"!

Life was good.... and then med school started.. and along came the bags under the eyes... lol

Med school is NO JOKE... Studying for med school is completely different than studying for your undergrad. I can't count how many sleepless nights I had studying for anatomy and immunology just to feel like I knew nothing. Let's just say that I've learned my lesson.. now I'm happy that I successfully passed my first term!
Late nights studying... this was when I was learning the easy stuff. My desk is very colorful... colors help me learn.. lol

Me and Jeremy didn't even get to dedicate a day for valentine's day... we had class from 9am-6pm... and we cut out the hearts for our cadavers in anatomy lab! Since we were soo tired at the end of the day, we celebrated Vday between classes the next day... yea, BETWEEN CLASSES.... we had 9am anatomy, went to Kittichai for lunch (the restaurant he asked me to be his girlfriend *smiley*), and then we went back to class at 2pm for immunology... lol
This is the present I got for him... snoopy in scrubs!!! Dr. Snoopy!

The card I got for him...

LOL...

He didn't have time to go out and buy me a card, so he made me a small one that I keep in my wallet..
He wrote: "Since you're going to be studying the heart, you are going to need one. Fortunately, you can have mine, for all eternity. You can do what you want with it, just don't break it. Now this is a big responsibility but I feel that you are fully capable of handling it. Please treat it like your own, and respect it, and it will forever give you everything you need, not just for an exam, but for life itself". AWWWWWWWW, am I not the luckiest girl in the world!??! I love my andu!
OMG, these got me through midterms... I love these!!! Chocolate eggs are definitely the best part of easter! lol

Planning how to study for MIDTERMS!!!! crazy times!

Using my own body as a study guide to memorize muscles.... desperate times call for desperate measures!!!

Dorky couples give each other dorky presents! lol

My homeboy!!! lol... he's not so scary once you memorize all of his foramina and the nerves and vessels at go through them!

For my next term I want to try and enjoy life while I'm in school. I don't want to just be a slave to my textbooks... I want to have fun.
Currently I'm almost done with my summer vacation... start classes again June 6th.. kinda sucks, but honestly I really like my school... soo now I'm trying to enjoy my vacation as much as possible!
I'm going to post up some of my old pix from last summer and so on this week... yea, I'm super late but you know what they say.. good things come to those who wait... lol.. soo yea, stay tune for that... k goodnight ladies!! ttyl!
XOXO,


Congrats for getting into Med school!! It seems soo hard!! It will be worth it in the end :):) xxx
ReplyDeleteCongrats on getting into Med school! I will be there soon.... lol. Just need to get my BS degree then yikes >.< Can you tell me how the process goes? I really have no idea what so ever... what kind of questions they asked you at the interview? o.O Is that what you're suppose to wear to their interview? Do you have to buy your own skeleton or they provide it at the school? oh my god... now I'm starting to freak out...
ReplyDeleteYou're ridiculously gorgeous! And congrats on getting into Med school!
ReplyDeleteThank guys!!
ReplyDelete@xoladiihoneyxo: I tried to answer your questions in my last blog post... here the link for it:
http://princess-shabie-whabie.blogspot.com/2011/05/shabies-tips-for-pre-meds.html
Hope this helps!
<3 Shabie