Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Update of my life

School started last week, so that means I have no life again. Can you believe that it’s the second week of school and I already have to study for quizzes! What happened to the good old days when the teacher gave us two weeks just to get school supplies, which mostly consisted of colorful folders, notebooks, and crayons? Instead, now we have to spend a ton of money on textbooks… and some of them we might not even use. Speaking of textbooks, I made about $800 from selling my textbooks on half.com! I really didn’t expect to sell so many books. I am SOOOO proud of myself for almost getting rid of the pile of books I wanted to sell. I think I only have four or five textbooks left, and the rest are just random books I had laying around which I will never use again, so might as well list them up for sale! Selling stuff online is pretty addictive, I’m thinking about listing items other than books up for sale… maybe some dresses I only wore once, handbags, and jewelry. I definitely need to sell my old *bullshit* promise rings *bullshit* I got from my ex. I should get a decent amount for them.

Right now, selling my books is the most exciting thing going on in my life. I know… very pathetic! I hate how the weather is so nice, but I’m stuck at home reading for biochemistry or microbiology. This really sucks! For Labor Day... actually the Sunday before Labor Day (Labor Day I was working, yippie), I met up with my girlfriends after work. I love love love love LOVE my girlfriends, but for some reason I felt kind of strange when I was with them. While they were going on and on about whatever it was they were talking about, I was just thinking about how different I am from them. They are all doing different majors than me, and some of them have already graduated and are working fulltime. And here I am, still in school… and when I do graduate I still won’t know what Ill be doing because I have to apply for med school. And, I’m not even guaranteed a seat to med school because I won’t know if they would like my application!!! I hate how my future is so ambiguous. Now that I said that I just realized that it’s bad enough that I’m taking biochemistry, microbiology, sex & behavior, and my honors thesis class all at the same time… I have to somehow also manage to study for the mcat, which I HAVE to take this January. Ohhh god, FML!!!!

So back to what I was saying, I am extremely happy for my friends, but looking at them makes me feel as if I’m doing nothing. They are moving on with their lives and becoming “grown ups”, and here I am still living with my parents, working part-time tutoring kids, and hoping that I get into med school. Sometimes I wish I could just fast forward into the future and start living my life. But for now all I can do is STUDY =(

No comments:

Post a Comment