Sunday, August 23, 2009

Relationship Advice from Queen B

Even though Beyonce won’t talk about her own relationship, she did open up a little bit about her thoughts on relationships in general.


Check out a few excerpts below from her interview with More! Magazine:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Beyoncé. You and Jay-Z never speak about your relationship…

B – I don’t talk about my relationship with anyone. I feel like it’s important to keep certain things private.

Will it be ruined if you talk about it?

B – No, I just choose not to talk about anything too personal. I won’t talk about the kind of cars I drive or how much money I make. You wouldn’t tell a person that you don’t know those kind of things and I’m not going to tell the world.

Do you think its hard to find true love?

B – Yeah, I think so. But for some people its not so hard, and when it happens its something that you don’t try to force. It just seems to happen and you don’t really expect it.
Did you worry people wouldn’t want to date you because your famous?

B – Maybe some people, but I wasn’t scared of that because I feel that I have way more to offer than just being famous. I think that once people meet me and get to know me, you forget that I’m famous.

Is it easier being with someone who’s also famous?

B – Sometimes its easier and sometimes its harder – it depends on the person. When your dating someone who’s not famous, people aren’t that interested in your relationship, which is a good thing.

Do you thinks its important for a man to please a woman, as well as the other way around?

B – Yeah, definitely. I think its natural for women to sacrifice themselves in a relationship, but when you do that too much, you lose yourself. Before you know it, you don’t even know what you like anymore. You have to remember that you can depend on yourself, and go with your instincts. You don’t have to lose everything just to please the other person because its just as important that your happy. But sometimes we get so into pleasing the guy we don’t think, ‘are we really happy?’

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with B 100%!

Just the other day me and my girlfriends were talking about our flaws from past relationships. You see… I used to date this asshole for 4 years just to find out that he cheated on me for almost a whole year… I’m very thankful that I don’t have that drama in my life anymore and I’ve moved on to bigger and better things… so back to the topic… my biggest flaw in my previous relationship was that I was losing myself just to make that asshole happy. Sometimes, I was so wrapped up in the relationship that I started to blame myself for his mistakes. My girlfriends reminded me of a Valentine’s dinner we had a couple of years ago. At that time all of us girlfriends had a boyfriend, so for Valentine’s Day we decided to have a huge quadruple date. We were all supposed to meet at around 5ish and head out to the restaurant together. Me and my friends met up with each other at 5, but we still had to wait for the asshole that I was dating. I kept on calling him, but he would just reject my calls. Oh, I also forgot to mention that it was snowing a lot that day and all of our shoes got messed up, so we decided to go shoe shopping. I remember buying a cute pair of brown suede boots, going to the bank with my girlfriends, and eating chicken nuggets at Wendy’s while we were waiting for him. We waited almost 3 hours for him! I remember trying to cover up for his lateness – I was blaming the weather, the trains, his barber, and whatever else I could think of – but, I could tell that my friends weren’t buying it. Although they didn’t say anything at the time, I could tell that they were extremely annoyed. Finally, he picked up the phone, made up some bs excuse, and told us that he would meet us in 30 minutes. Now if this was your man, I’m sure that you would be mad at him… any normal person would definitely be mad! So after we met him I was giving him the silent treatment just to punish him. Instead of feeling guilty and bad for making us wait in the snow for so long, he actually had the nerve to get mad at ME! When our food arrived I was still ignoring him, and this drove him crazy. He got so mad that he took him knife and started stabbing his food. This wasn’t normal stabbing; he was doing it in a way to threaten me. I was so embarrassed by his behavior that I just started to talk to him and make believe that everything was normal. In my head I started to blame myself for ignoring him for so long… I thought that I had caused him to act like that – STUPID, NAIVE ME… I DIDN’T CAUSE HIS CRAZINESS, HE WAS JUST CRAZY!!! – So, for the rest of the night I took pictures with my friends, talked, and ate just as if nothing had happened. We all seemed calm and normal by the end of the night. While we were all on the train going home, I asked him why he was so late and why he acted like that in the restaurant. He just got all defensive and started acting like a dick again. We were both sitting in the middle of all of my friends; I was sitting next to him by the window. Right before he got off the train, he punched the window right next to my head. As he left I remember my friends asking me if I was okay and what made him so mad, but I couldn’t say anything because I was just so shocked.

As we looked back at this situation, my friend made me realize how stupid I was while I was dating him. Not only did I allow him to embarrass me in front of my friends and their boyfriends, I actually forgave him and stayed with him after that incident. And believe me that wasn’t the only time he acted like that!! I was so consumed by the thought of being in a committed relationship that I completely forgot to see if I was actually happy! I put so much emphasis on trying to make the relationship work that I lost sight of my dreams. I never dreamt of being with such a violent, aggressive, and arrogant man. I hate men like that. But, I still tried to work things out and stay with someone who obviously didn’t care about me.

LOVE MAKES PEOPLE SO BLIND!

I AM SOO SOO SOO SOOOO SOOOOOOO HAPPY THAT I DON’T HAVE TO DEAL WITH THAT ANYMORE!

Ladies, if you’re in a relationship make sure that you are happy. What’s the point of being in something that just stresses you out? We already have lots to worry about – work, school, family, friends, clothes, shoes, etc… - So why should you purposely top off your daily problems with more stress? Honestly, if you are in a relationship and feel stuck, just leave. Believe me, you are bound to find someone who will treat you with respect!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, what alo sucks is that he had a 4" penis and was pretty ugly. Man, that kid was just lame everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her for that . I saw that on your page and just had to tweet it . Its so true. Im in a relationship right now; and in every other one I was in I found myself loseing myself... now I am being mature about it & reminding myself that I dont have to . Love is deff blind , I see all my friends loseing themselves & having no time for anything BUT there boyfriends...sickening. =/

    ReplyDelete