Thursday, June 25, 2009

The King of Pop Passes Away


Michael Jackson was hospitalized earlier today due to reported loss of breathing. Later we found out that he suffered from cardiac arrest, not a heart attack. A cardiac arrest is different from (but may be caused by) a heart attack. When someone has a heart attack blood flow to the still-beating heart is interrupted. However, for cardiac arrest, complete blood circulation is halted and this prevents the delivery of oxygen to all parts of the body. Cerebral hypoxia, or lack of oxygen supply to the brain, causes victims to lose consciousness and to stop normal breathing, although agonal breathing may still occur. For a short period of time, it was reported that MJ was in a coma due to the brain injury he obtained from his condition. But now, his representative has reported that the King of Pop died at age 50 in a Los Angeles hospital.

Michael Jackson had truly gained his title for being "King of Pop". He emerged from childhood superstardom to become the entertainment world's most influential singer and dancer, and the tabloid world's most talked about celebrity. He was popular music's premier all-around performer, a uniter of black and white music who shattered the race barrier on MTV. Five of his solo studio albums have become some of the world's best-selling records: Off the
Wall (1979), Thriller (1982), Bad (1987), Dangerous (1991) and HIStory (1995).

One of the few artists to have been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twice, his other achievements include multiple Guinness World Records—including one for "Most Successful Entertainer of All Time"—13 Grammy Awards, 13 number one singles in his solo career—more than any other male artist in the Hot 100 era—and the sales of over 750 million albums worldwide. His epic album,
Thriller, remained in the top 10 of the Billboard 200 for 80 consecutive weeks and 37 of those weeks at the peak position. It was the first album to have seven Billboard Hot 100 top 10 singles, including "Billie Jean", "Beat It" and "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'". Thriller was certified for 28 million shipments by the RIAA, giving it Double Diamond status in the US. It is often cited as the best-selling album of all time, with worldwide sales between 47 million and 109 million copies.

He had dominated the charts and dazzled even more on stage. MJ was the master of the moonwalk and the robot. His distinctive musical sound and vocal style influenced almost every hip hop, pop and contemporary R&B artist of our current time.

I am extremely sad, and still in shock! I was really looking forward to attending one of his concerts from his long awaited world tour. His tour was supposed to be called “This Is It”. From July 13, 2009 to March 6, 2010, Jackson was scheduled to perform 50 sell out concerts to over one million people, at London's O2 arena. According to Jackson's website, tickets sales for the concerts broke several records. Although he was kind of “wacko” at times, Michael Jackson was an extremely important figure in the history of popular culture. He will forever remain a legend. Although he isn't with us anymore, his music will never die. Rest in peace MJ aka The KING of Pop.

Here are his videos for some of my favorite songs.


Rock With You



Thriller




Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough



Beat It



Billie Jean



Jackson Five - ABC


My favorite song, P.Y.T


[1st Verse]
Where Did You Come From Lady
And Ooh Won't You Take Me There
Right Away Won't You Baby
Tendoroni You've Got To Be
Spark My Nature
Sugar Fly With Me
Don't You Know Now
Is The Perfect Time
We Can Make It Right
Hit The City Lights
Then Tonight Ease The Lovin' Pain
Let Me Take You To The Max

[Chorus]
I Want To Love You (P.Y.T.)
Pretty Young Thing
You Need Some Lovin' (T.L.C.)
Tender Lovin' Care
And I'll Take You There
I Want To Love You (P.Y.T.)
Pretty Young Thing
You Need Some Lovin' (T.L.C.)
Tender Lovin' Care
I'll Shake You There

[Background]
Anywhere You Wanna Go

[2nd Verse]
Nothin' Can Stop This Burnin'
Desire To Be With You
Gotta Get To You Baby
Won't You Come, It's Emergency
Cool My Fire Yearnin'
Honey, Come Set Me Free
Don't You Know Now Is The Perfect Time
We Can Dim The Lights
Just To Make It Right
In The Night
Hit The Lovin' Spot
I'll Give You All That I've Got

[Chorus]
I Want To Love You (P.Y.T.)
Pretty Young Thing
You Need Some Lovin' (T.L.C.)
Tender Lovin' Care
And I'll Take You There
I Want To Love You (P.Y.T.)
Pretty Young Thing
You Need Some Lovin' (T.L.C.)
Tender Lovin' Care
I'll Take You There

Breakdown
Pretty Young Things, Repeat After Me
[Michael] I Said Na Na Na
[P.Y.T.'S] Na Na Na
[Michael] Na Na Na Na
[P.Y.T.'S] Na Na Na Na
[Michael] Na Na Na
[P.Y.T.'S] Na Na Na
[Michael] I Said Na Na Na Na Na
[P.Y.T.'S] Na Na Na Na Na
[Michael] I'll Take You There

[Chorus]
I Want To Love You (P.Y.T.)
Pretty Young Thing
You Need Some Lovin' (T.L.C.)
Tender Lovin' Care
And I'll Take You There
I Want To Love You (P.Y.T.)
Pretty Young Thing
You Need Some Lovin' (T.L.C.)
Tender Lovin' Care
I'll Take You There

My other favorite song, Human Nature


Looking Out
Across The Night-Time
The City Winks A Sleepless Eye
Hear Her Voice
Shake My Window
Sweet Seducing Sighs

[2nd Verse]
Get Me Out
Into The Night-Time
Four Walls Won't Hold Me Tonight
If This Town
Is Just An Apple
Then Let Me Take A Bite

[Chorus]
If They Say -
Why, Why, Tell 'Em That Is Human Nature
Why, Why, Does He Do Me That Way
If They Say -
Why, Why, Tell 'Em That Is Human Nature
Why, Why, Does He Do Me That Way

[3rd Verse]
Reaching Out
To Touch A Stranger
Electric Eyes Are Ev'rywhere
See That Girl
She Knows I'm Watching
She Likes The Way I Stare

[Chorus]
If They Say -
Why, Why, Tell 'Em That Is Human Nature
Why, Why, Does He Do Me That Way
If They Say -
Why, Why, Tell 'Em That Is Human Nature
Why, Why, Does He Do Me That Way
I Like Livin' This Way
I Like Lovin' This Way

[4th Verse]
Looking Out
Across The Morning
The City's Heart Begins To Beat
Reaching Out
I Touch Her Shoulder
I'm Dreaming Of The Street

[Chorus]
If They Say -
Why, Why, Tell 'Em That Is Human Nature
Why, Why, Does He Do Me That Way
If They Say -
Why, Why, Tell 'Em That Is Human Nature
Why, Why, Does He Do Me That Way
I Like Livin' This Way


"The incomparable Michael Jackson has made a bigger impact on music than any other artist in the history of music. He was magic. He was what we all strive to be. ... I love you Michael." - Beyonce Knowles

"We have lost one of the greatest icons of all time. He forever set the bar for entertainers all around the world." - Fergie

"I am truly saddened that my mentor, brother and friend will no longer be with us physically. At the same time I feel so blessed to have been touched by his music, his dance, his lyrics and his pure genius. It is because of Michael's yesterday that I am who I am today! My condolences to his family and friends around the world. Michael Jackson rest in peace and may your music and legacy forever reign on Earth!" - R. Kelly

"I can't stop crying, this is too sudden and shocking. I am unable to imagine this. My heart is hurting. I am in prayer for his kids and the family." - Diana Ross

"Michael Jackson will live forever through the thing that he put all of his life energy into: his music. I will do my part to keep the melody alive, to keep the energy forever changing form, but never ever dying. Long live Michael Jackson." - Ne-Yo

"Michael Jackson's accomplished so much that there's not even words to explain what he's done for urban and pop music. Every artist that I personally know has been influenced by him. The world has lost one of the greatest entertainers who shaped many generations and will continue to for years to come." - Akon

"He broke barriers, he changed radio formats. With music, he made it possible for people like Oprah Winfrey and Barack Obama to impact the mainstream world. His legacy is unparalleled." - Usher

1 comment:

  1. he was an icon in music even if he got lost behind the joke of micheal jackson when he was alive. its a shame that he died so soon. :(

    ReplyDelete