Monday, June 15, 2009

Jean + Leggings = JEGGINGS

After the trend where leggings were worn as trousers, get ready for the jeggings (jean + legging = jegging). Sometimes we can feel a bit caught out with new words especially these days in fashion, but I think its kool how people just love to combine old words to make new ones. They can also be known as "Denim Look Leggings". The fabric is stretch so you can easily wear them as leggings or as “jeans”. Beyonce has been the first celeb to catch my eye wearing jeggings. This cotton, polyester, and spandex hybrid is a cooler alternative to wearing jeans in the sweltering heat, as well as a stylish alternative for active wear. You can just throw an old white shirt over a pair and team with pumps and a couple of necklaces for a laidback day look. Or you can wear them with a sparkly vest top and heels for the evening. As with most trends, this is workable and the key is knowing what works well for you.

Beyonce with her jeggings



I love jeggings! I bought mine from bloomies for about $40. Here's some places where you can try to get jeggings: TopShop, ShopBop, Bebe, Bloomingdale's, Nordstrom, Juicy Couture, or American Apparel. They are sold out online for F21, so try checking the stores to see if they have any left.

These are the ones that I bought from Bloomies



I can't wait to rock them!

No comments:

Post a Comment