Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Beyoncé & Thierry Mugler

“CLASSIC KILLER LEGENDARY .... please understand what you're witnessing right now. The greatest performer of our generation meets one the most referenced designers, Thierry Mugler.” – Kanye West





I love her hair in this one!!









My favorite costume!!



Thierry Mugler will soon serve as the main costume designer for Beyoncé Knowles' “I Am…” tour. Knowles selected Mugler for the position after becoming enamored with several examples of his work at New York City's Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute's "Superheroes" exhibit in May, 2008. He has signed on to create a 58-piece wardrobe for Knowles, her dancers and band for the tour. However, Knowles' own clothing lines House of Dereon and Dereon will also contribute to the wardrobe. Mugler's input will extend to the role of "creative advisor", as he will contribute to designing the entire show, from lighting to choreography, directing three of the portions of the production, "Dangerously in Love", "Ave Maria" and the show's finale.

Here are the sketches of her costumes.





Her concert in NYC is less than a month away… I can’t wait to see Ms. Super hero diva perform!

No comments:

Post a Comment